Spineling's Spike

From Official Barotrauma Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Data is potentially outdated
Last updated for version
The current game version is
Notes: Add media
Spineling's Spike

A detached bone spike that once belonged to a Spineling.
 Lacerations (5)*
 Bleeding (10)*
 Stun (0.2)*
Range 0.5 m
Attack Speed 1
Severance chance 10%
Structure damage 2
Item Damage 2
Constructible? No
Deconstructor Yield
OutpostOutpost Sell
Habitation OutpostHabitation 30 mk
ColonyColony 30 mk
Research OutpostResearch 45 mk
Military OutpostMilitary 30 mk
Mining OutpostMining 30 mk
Medical MerchantMedical Merchant 30 mk
Engineer MerchantEngineer Merchant 30 mk
Armory MerchantArmory Merchant 30 mk
Children of The HonkmotherClown Merchant 30 mk
The Church of HuskHusk Merchant 30 mk
Identifier spinelingspikeloot
Categories Weapon
Tags smallitem

The Spineling's Spike is a Melee Weapon in Barotrauma.


The Spineling's Spike is a one-handed melee weapon. It's almost identical to the Husk Stinger and just like it, it is a downgrade for the Diving Knife, inflicing a lot less Lacerations and having a slower Attack Speed. It's one of the weakest melee weapons and as such, it should only be used a last resort weapon when no better alternative is available. As opposed to the Husk Stinger, the Spineling's Spike can be deconstructed or sold for much better price.

In appearance, it is identical to one of the many spikes protruding out from the body of a Spineling.

It has a 75% chance and 25% chance for an additional one to drop from Spinelings, and 50% chance for 1 to drop from Giant Spinelings


The Spineling's Spike is held with one hand. As with all weapons and tools, using it is done by holding the Right Mouse Right-click to take aim, then by Left Mouse Left-clicking to shoot/use.

  • It's one-handed, meaning it can be dual-wielded, essentially doubling the DPS.

Damage Values

Item Afflictions Attack Speed Armor Penetration

Diving Knife
 Lacerations (10)*
 Bleeding (10)*
 Stun (0.2)*
1.33 0%

Husk Stinger
 Lacerations (5)*
 Bleeding (10)*
 Stun (0.2)*
1 0%

Spineling's Spike
 Lacerations (5)*
 Bleeding (10)*
 Stun (0.2)*
1 0%

See Also


Submarine Weapons


Large Turrets



Handheld Weapons

Ranged Weapons

Melee Weapons


Ammunition & Explosives