|Data is up-to-date|
|Last updated for version 0.18.15.0|
The current game version is 0.18.15.2
Notes: Update media
Weapon, Medium Item
|Ammo Max Stack||6|
|Ammo Cost||Regular: 7 Marks|
Explo.: 108 Marks
|Handicap||Spread + 9 (1→10)|
Skill: Weapons 30
|Habitation||255 mk||63 mk|
|Research||212 mk||53 mk|
|Military||153 mk||38 mk|
|Mining||212 mk||53 mk|
|Armory Merchant||153 mk||38 mk|
The Harpoon Gun is a handheld weapon that can be acquired in Barotrauma.
Harpoon guns act as short-to-medium-range light weaponry, firing Harpoons at a high velocity. The harpoon gun is effective both on board of the submarine and underwater, and upon striking another Crew Member, a creature or a wall, the harpoon may become lodged in the target (note: this does not apply to the Explosive Harpoon) and can usually be recovered and reused. This property (plus the small material cost of the Ammunition) makes the harpoon gun a very efficient weapon.
It should be noted that characters with inadequate weapons skill (less than 30) will be affected by greatly increased spread, reducing the effective accuracy of the gun.
The Harpoon Gun is held with both hands and must be loaded with a Harpoon, an Explosive Harpoon, a Physicorium Harpoon or Ahab's Spear to be used. As with all weapons and tools, using it is done by holding the Right-click to take aim, then by Left-clicking to shoot/use.
- Fired harpoons, other than Explosive Harpoons may be picked up as any other item with Left Mouse Button by default, and reloaded into the Harpoon gun.
- Harpoons stack up to 6 in the inventory and 6 in the harpoon gun. They cannot be put into Storage Containers or Toolbelts.
- Only one ammo-type can be loaded into a harpoon gun at a time.
- When fired, a rope spawns connecting harpoon fired and the harpoon gun. The rope drags the harpoon (or any target it gets stuck in) back to the harpoon gun, and the gun towards target hit if any. The rope snaps automatically exactly 1s after the harpoon is fired.
|Item||Shots||Afflictions||Armor Penetration||Structure Damage||Explosion Range|
| Lacerations (70)*
| Lacerations (20)*
Deep Tissue Injury (40)*
| Lacerations (25)*
| Lacerations (57.5)*
- Pre-release videos for Barotrauma showed that harpoons were originally going to have a rope attached between them and the harpoon gun. This would allow the player to retract a harpoon back into the barrel of the gun after launching it. In the Among the Ancients update, rope was finally added, but it doesn't allow for full retraction of the fired harpoon - instead it just drags the harpoon back for a second before it snaps, helping to collect it.
- Harpoon Shoot.gif
The harpoon gun being shot.
Harpoon Gun firing 1
Harpoon Gun firing 2
Harpoon Gun firing 3