|Data is up-to-date
|Last updated for version 184.108.40.206
Last mentioned in changelog 220.127.116.11
The current game version is 18.104.22.168
Launches harpoons, explosive harpoons, and alien harpoons.
|+10% Affliction Strength
|Ammo Max Stack
|Spread +9 (1 → 10)
Skill: Weapons: 30
The Harpoon Gun is a two-handed long-range medium-sized weapon. It fires Harpoons at a high velocity. The Harpoon Gun is effective both on board of the submarine and underwater. Upon hitting something, Harpoons may become lodged in the target (Note: This does not apply to the Explosive Harpoon) and can usually be recovered and reused. This property (plus the small material cost of the Ammunition) makes the Harpoon Gun a very cost-efficient weapon, combined with relatively good damage for the cost makes it proficient at stopping the smaller denizens of Europa, such as Crawlers, but it can easily be overwhelmed by big groups of enemies due to the slow firerate.
It can be crafted by anybody, and bought at any Outpost.
The Harpoon Gun is held with both hands and must be loaded with a Harpoon, an Explosive Harpoon, a Physicorium Harpoon or Ahab's Spear to be used. As with all weapons and tools, using it is done by holding the Right-click to take aim, then by Left-clicking to shoot/use.
- It has a single slot for ammunition which can contain up to 6 Harpoons.
- Fired Harpoons, other than Explosive Harpoons, may be picked up as any other item with Left Mouse Button by default, and reloaded into the Harpoon Gun.
- Shot Harpoons have a rope attached to them, which reels any hit target towards the player. The rope snaps automatically 1 second after the Harpoon is fired if not attached to target.
- Player can reel a target with a harpoon attached by holding aim button and aim toward said target.
- If target is too heavy to reel, or is a structure hull, player can pull themselves toward it by ragdolling. Ragdoll while moving can result in pulling themselves much quicker.
- It should be noted that characters with inadequate weapons skill (less than 30) will be affected by greatly increased spread, reducing the effective accuracy of the gun.
- Like most two-handed weapons, the Harpoon Gun has a Flashlight slot. The inserted Flashlight automatically turns on whenever the weapon is drawn.
- It can be stored in the inventory, but not in Storage Containers. The same is true with Harpoons.
Explosion (2m): 10
|Gain an additional 25% attack power with harpoons. If you are in the open sea, gain an additional 50% attack power to Harpoons instead.
- Pre-release videos for Barotrauma showed that Harpoons were originally going to have a rope attached between them and the Harpoon Gun. This would allow the player to retract a Harpoon back into the barrel of the gun after launching it. In the Among the Ancients update, rope was finally added, but it doesn't allow for full retraction of the fired Harpoon - instead it just drags the Harpoon back for a second before it snaps, helping to collect it.
A Security Officer using a Harpoon Gun loaded with Harpoons.
A Security Officer using a Harpoon Gun loaded with Explosive Harpoons.
A Security Officer using a Harpoon Gun loaded with Physicorium Harpoons.
A Security Officer using a Harpoon Gun loaded with Ahab's Spears.
The Harpoon Gun striking another player as seen in a Pre-Release video; Circa 2015.
Harpoon Gun firing 1
Harpoon Gun firing 2
Harpoon Gun firing 3