|Data is up-to-date
|Last updated for version 188.8.131.52
Last mentioned in changelog 0.21.6.0
The current game version is 184.108.40.206
Heavy Machine Gun, capable of dealing a lot of damage, provide the user is skilled enough to handle the recoil.
|+10% Affliction Strength
|Shots per magazine
|Ammo Max Stack
|Spread +44 (6 → 50)
Short Stun when firing.
The HMG is a two-handed medium-range large firearm. It shoots rounds from a detachable Magazine. The HMG possesses a great amount of firepower (each round being comparable to an SMG round, while having twice the fire rate), it slows the user down when held, has an extreme amount of recoil, rendering the weapon nigh unusable for unskilled characters and being capable of pushing the player back with considerable speed when in water, but considering its fire rate is fairly accurate for Characters with an adequate Weapon Skill.
Overall, the HMG is a very effective weapon. It has one of the highest DPS (Damage per second) of all handheld weapons, extremely big magazines that are comparably very cheap to make, enough fire rate and stun per hit to essentially stun-lock entire swarms while the recoil pushes the character away, making it even harder for Creatures to get close. Those attributes combined with armor penetration comparable to armor piercing rounds of other weapons and fairly good accuracy even at long ranges make it the strongest option for most purposes.
The HMG is held with both hands and must be loaded with an HMG Magazine to be used. As with all weapons and tools, using it is done by holding the Right-click to take aim, then by Left-clicking to shoot/use. Being an automatic weapon, the HMG can be fired continuously until the Magazine runs out of rounds by holding .
- Due to the HMG's size, it cannot be carried in the hotbar. It can only be held in both hands, or in the toolbelt slot, in which case it hangs from the character's back.
- Using the HMG without having fulfilled the skill requirement is not advised, as the extreme recoil renders the weapon completely uncontrollable.
- An exception is when using the weapon alongisde an Exosuit. This will mitigate most of the recoil, but not the inaccuracy caused by low weapons skill.
- Like most two-handed weapons, the HMG has a Flashlight slot. The inserted Flashlight automatically turns on whenever the weapon is drawn.
|Inflict 10% more damage with ranged weapons for every nearby enemy. Up to 50%. Unlock recipe: HMG, HMG Magazine.
- Magazines don't actually contain 100 rounds, instead they spawn bullets on demand as long as the Magazine has enough durability (-1 durability per bullet in this case), like the Coilgun.
- The HMG uses 5.56mm Cartridges, meaning it actually classifies as a Light Machine Gun.
A Security Officer using a HMG loaded with HMG Magazines.
An unskilled Assistant trying to use a HMG.
HMG firing a single shot 1
HMG firing a single shot 2
HMG firing a single shot 3
HMG firing a single shot 4
HMG firing a single shot 5
HMG firing a single shot 6