From Official Barotrauma Wiki
|Data is potentially outdated|
|Last updated for version 126.96.36.199|
Last mentioned in changelog 188.8.131.52
The current game version is 184.108.40.206
Stub Notes: Need details on mineral scanner, screenshots, gif why not
Portable sonar, handy for exploration.
|Energy Source|| Battery Cell|
Fulgurium Battery Cell
|Energy Source Capacity||1 Battery Cell slot|
Skill: Mechanical: 30
|Habitation||150 mk||45 mk|
|Colony||150 mk||45 mk|
|Research||187 mk||56 mk|
|Military||187 mk||56 mk|
|Mining||150 mk||45 mk|
|Medical Merchant||N/A||45 mk|
|Engineer Merchant||135 mk||40 mk|
|Armory Merchant||N/A||45 mk|
|Clown Merchant||N/A||45 mk|
|Husk Merchant||N/A||45 mk|
The Handheld Sonar is an electrical portable tool.
It displays sonar that works like the Submarine's sonar in the Navigation Terminal.
- If its the Mineral Scanner is turned on it will also highlight any minerals (but not plants) within range, whenever active sonar is turned on outside the sub.
- The submarine itself will also always be displayed, helping the player find it back after venturing far from it.
- Caution is advised when using the the active sonar, as, just like the submarine version, it produces noise and may attract Creatures.
- It requires a charged Battery Cell or a Fulgurium Battery Cell inserted into the battery slot in order to work.
The UI for the Hand Held Sonar.
- Prior to v0.18.15.0 the mineralscanner of the handheld sonar worked from inside the sub.