|Data is potentially outdated|
|Last updated for version 22.214.171.124|
The current game version is 126.96.36.199
Stub Notes: Update media content.
A handheld carbon dioxide extinguisher.
Skill: Mechanical: 20
|Habitation||100 mk||30 mk|
|Colony||90 mk||27 mk|
|Research||100 mk||30 mk|
|Military||100 mk||30 mk|
|Mining||100 mk||30 mk|
|Medical Merchant||N/A||30 mk|
|Engineer Merchant||N/A||30 mk|
|Armory Merchant||N/A||30 mk|
|Clown Merchant||N/A||30 mk|
|Husk Merchant||N/A||30 mk|
The Fire Extinguisher is a tool.
The fire extinguisher's main function, as its name indicates, is to extinguish fires. Fire extinguishers are essential in stopping fires from spreading to sensitive parts of the submarine. Alternatively, flooding the affected compartment can be an effective strategy for stopping fires, should there be no fire extinguishers available.
- While in use the fire extinguisher's condition will decay at 2%/s. Its current condition is displayed underneath its icon in the player's hotbar.
- It can also be used underwater to act as a makeshift propulsion system.
- Like the Storage Container, it cannot be placed in the player's numbered hotbar slots, and must be dropped before equipping another tool.
- It can't be refilled.
- It can be stored in a Fire Extinguisher Bracket. It can't be stored in Portable Containers (except Metal Crates) or certain submarine containers.
- Using an Outpost's fire extinguisher when there is a fire is not considered stealing and you will not receive a reputation penalty.
A fire extinguisher being used to put out a fire.
A fire extinguisher being used to put out a fire. (Legacy)
A fire extinguisher propelling a player through water. (Legacy)
Fire Extinguisher loop