|Data is up-to-date
|Last updated for version 18.104.22.168
Last mentioned in changelog 22.214.171.124
The current game version is 126.96.36.199
Notes: Add media
Allows remote communication among the crew.
Skill: Mechanical: 30
Its used to communicate with fellow crewmembers or give them orders, provided they also own one of course. Radio channels can be switched, allowing different groups to set their own in order to communicate over the radio with each other but not the rest of the crew. The sheer amount of possible channels makes it possible to secretly use one of them, and the chances of someone stumbling across it is very low. An another useful feature is the possibility of sending commands to a Wifi Component, as they use the same channel system and receive all text messages sent on their set channel.
It can be crafted by anyone or bought at any Outpost.
The Headset can be worn in the Headset slot.
- It can be used to listen to the text-based radio, to give and receive orders, and to listen/speak over many voice radio channels in the range of 350 meters.
- To speak over voice radio chat, toggle chat modes to select Radio (Default: ) and hold Push-to-talk (Default: ). There is also the possibility of binding Local Chat and Radio Chat to seperate keys in the settings.
- There are 10001 accessible radio channels (channel 0000-10000). They can be directly typed in or switched to using the "<" or ">" buttons.
- The channel display can only display 4 digits, meaning channel 10000 cannot be accesed directly by typing in its number, only by switching to it from channel 9999. That will cause the display to show "1000", even though the channel is correctly set as "10000".
- The current radio channel can be saved as a preset in one of the 10 preset slots by pressing the "mem" button. They are set to channels 0000-0009 by default.
- In update 0.10 the headset stopped depleting its battery, as the AI wouldn't change their headset batteries, making them ignore any orders given to them.
- Since update 0.18 the headset doesn't use batteries at all.