|Data is potentially outdated|
|Last updated for version 0.18.15.0|
The current game version is 0.19.14.0
The Clown Ensemble is a set of clothes that can be acquired in Barotrauma. It is divided into two different pieces of clothing: the Clown Costume and the Clown Mask, and is usually associated with the Bike Horn.
While the Clown Costumes are purely cosmetic, the Clown Masks can also be used to hide one's identity.
Wearing the outfit will usually arouse suspicion and distrust among command and security personnel. It is wise to be careful while it is in one's possession as it is associated with traitorous acts and general mischief.
Wearing the clown mask while playing the guitar will play unique music.
|Clown Costume||Praise the Honkmother.|
|Mother's Providence||Nothing can escape mother's warm embrace.|
|Clown Mask||Hides the wearer's identity.|
|Mother's Countenance||Hides the wearer's identity.|
Mother's Providence and Mother's Countenance are unique aesthetic variants of the suit and mask, respectively. They are rarely looted from wrecks cabinets (1% chance per cabinet). Unlike the Clown Costume, the Mother's Providence does not make squeaky noises when the player moves whilst wearing it.
Many of the default submarines contain the standard clown costume or bike horn hidden throughout the ship as well as many other steam workshop subs. Of the 14 main submarines, 5 contain pieces of the standard clown ensemble:
- - on the Humpback, the clown suit, mask, and bike horn can be found inside the right ballast.
- - on the Remora, a clown mask can be found inside the lockers in the crew cabins. A second clown mask and clown costume can also be found within the Remora's drone, inside of the engine compartment
- - on the Berilia, a clown suit, mask, and horn can be found in a room to the right of the upper junction boxes. The keycard to access the room can be found in the left-most ballast.
- - on the Kastrull, a clown suit can be found in the eastern crew quarters, in a locker.
- - on the R-29, a clown suit, mask, and horn can be found inside the third orange cabinet.
- The Clown Ensemble is in all likelihood included as a nod to the Clown job on Space Station 13, as Barotrauma is greatly inspired by this game.
- Getting shot while wearing the Clown Ensemble plays a unique sound.
- Using the guitar while wearing the Clown Ensemble makes the character play the circus theme. While the Clown Diving Mask counts as part of the Clown Ensemble, wearing it does not cause the character to play the circus theme with the guitar.
- When asked what the in-universe purpose of the clown gear was, Regalis said, "it was an attempt to lighten the mood and help the crew cope in a high-stress environment. The experiment wasn't as successful as the higher-ups had hoped and now all there is left to remind of it are the few blood-stained clown costumes laying around in some remote corners of some of the subs".
The Clown's unique Guitar song
A Clown getting hurt