|Data is potentially outdated|
|Last updated for version 0.20.16.1|
The current game version is 188.8.131.52
Notes: TUTI update, weapons and sprite
|Price: 30,000 mk|
4 - 9
47 x 16 m
|Max Horizontal Speed
|Max Descent Speed|
|Fabrication & Storage|
|Large Turret Hardpoints|
|Electrical Discharge Coils:|
|Depth Charge Tubes:|
|Fuel Consumption Rate
|Max Power Output|
|“||Typhon 2 is an overhauled version of the venerable Typhon class of sub. Serving as a heavy gunship, the Typhon 2 class subs remain slow and ugly, but with the benefits of better survivability for their crews.||„|
The Typhon 2 is an Attack class submarine.
The Typhon 2 comes with a lot of extra utility from the original through a complete retrofitting with many more features. The Typhon 2 has lost the Depth Charge Tube but gained a Chaingun covering the ventral fore side and the dorsal Coilgun was upgraded to a Double Coilgun with the rest of the armament remaining the same. The Typhon 2 now comes with an upgraded 10m radius Electrical Discharge Coil, now at the top of the submarine, where it covers a blindspot better than the bottom placement on the Typhon. It comes with more systems and alarms on the bridge for fires, floods, and airlock status.
The Typhon 2 Junction Boxes
A notable design issue with the extra features is the Typhon 2's junction boxes. While they have been moved to a safer location that won't flood as often (unfortunately, also much further away from engineers other workplace, the reactor), and they have been nicely annotated with displays so you can see what is not working and prioritize your repair work, the extra utility does have a downside. The Typhon's capacity for absorbing Overvoltage is lost, and this will cause fires. When fires start to happen, the room can go up in flames and that means the ship just, stops. Good steering can minimize overvoltage, and you can upgrade them so they won't catch fire as often, but either how attention to the point is crucial.
This submarine does not use Wi-Fi.
- The Typhon 2 is a variant of the Typhon, sharing the same exterior shell placements.
- 184.108.40.206 Fixed fabricators not being linked to the cabinet next to them.
- 220.127.116.11 Fixed improperly wired smoke detectors in Typhon 2
- 0.20.14.0 Fixed bots being unable to fix Typhon 2's top docking hatch or the wall right next to it.
- 0.19.8.0 Fixed Typhon 2's chaingun being placed inside solid walls.
- 0.19.7.0 Fixed messy wiring in Typhon 2's bottom left hardpoint.
- 0.19.7.0 Gave Typhon 2 better stats and even more firepower, to outclass the original Typhon.
- 0.17.12.0 (Urban Expanses) Re-filled Typhon 2 oxygen tank shelves.
- 0.15.20.0 Fixed Kastrull and Typhon 2 using different id card tags than the rest of the vanilla sub ("idjob" instead of "id_job").
- 0.14.5.0 Fixed Typhon 2's railgun not being connected to the loader.
- 0.9.10.0 (Moloch-sized Update) Modified Typhon 2's coilgun rotation limits a bit so it isn't possible to hit the walls when firing at enemies near the airlock.
- 0.9.7.0 (Silky Smooth) Introduced.