|Data is potentially outdated
|Last updated for version 0.20.16.1
Last mentioned in changelog 184.108.40.206
The current game version is 220.127.116.11
|Price: 15,000 mk
4 - 9
47 x 16 m
|Max Horizontal Speed
|Max Descent Speed
|Fabrication & Storage
|Large Turret Hardpoints
|Electrical Discharge Coils:
|Depth Charge Tubes:
|Fuel Consumption Rate
|Max Power Output
|Typhon class subs are known for their brutish appearance, reasonable array of light and heavy firepower, and their general dependability. Any captain should be aware of their poor rate of descent and unimpressive top speed.
The Typhon is an Attack class submarine.
The Typhon comes standard with a Railgun located on the top right bow; a ventral Double Coilgun, Depth Charge Tube, and Electrical Discharge Coil; a dorsal Coilgun; and a Turret Hardpoint below the engine. The Typhon is very well defended and capable of defending against nearly all threats with a savvy crew. Notable blindspots include the blunt front-end of the submarine and the space immediately below it, the top of submarine above the airlock, and the immediate vicinity around the Double Coilgun and Railgun due to their firing arc (though the Double Coilgun has an Electrical Discharge Coil to accommodate for it). Due to its odd shape and size, the Typhon is rather sluggish and cannot change directions very well. In addition to this, it has a painfully slow descent speed due to its three meagerly-sized ballast tanks. Many players find themselves converting the bottom crew cabin into a makeshift ballast tank because of this. The Typhon has a small cargo capacity of 2 crate shelves, one located in engineering, and the other in the central access passage directly adjacent to engineering. It has 6 diving suit lockers located at the top airlock. Furthermore, it contains a Fabricator and Deconstructor, as well as a Medical Fabricator.
- Bots cannot repair the top docking hatch and have a hard time reaching the periscopes for the Double Coilgun and Coilgun.
- Top supercapacitor supplies power to NW and SE weapons
- Bottom supercapacitor supplies power to NE and SW weapons
- EDC draws power from both supercapacitors
This submarine does not use Wi-Fi
Electrical discharge coil in action
Typhon electrical discharge coil in use
- The Typhon has a variant submarine, the Typhon 2, which shares the same exterior shell.
- Typhon was named after the gargantuan serpentine horror in Greek mythology, who fought a cataclysmic battle against Zeus for supremacy of the cosmos.
- The Typhon is the only Tier 2 submarine with two large turrets, a Double Coilgun and a Railgun
- 0.19.7.0 Fixed a waypoint/hull issue in Typhon's stowage compartment (waypoint in such a tight space the bots couldn't reach it).
- 0.19.7.0 Rebalanced Engine Force values to better match hull size. Most Scouts (Azimuth, Orca2, Remora, Winterhalter) are now faster. Humpback, Typhon and Orca are slightly slower.
- 0.19.7.0 Fixed medic, engineer and mechanic spawnpoints having no tags in Typhon.
- 0.14.9.0 Fixed bots being unable to repair the pump in Typhon's bottom airlock.
- 0.10.6.0 Fixed gaps being misplaced on certain wall structures, preventing certain walls from leaking in some subs (for example the wall above Typhon's junction compartment).
- 0.10.5.0 (Downtime Update) Fixed particles sometimes going through walls (example case: Typhon's ballast pumps).
- 0.10.5.0 (Downtime Update) Fixed Berilia's and Typhon's docking ports not being connected to the power grid.
- 0.9.5.0 (Beasts Within) Added some loose vents and panels to Orca and Typhon.
- 0.9.5.0 (Beasts Within) Fixed broken waypoints in Typhon that prevented bots from opening some of the doors.
- unknown version Introduced.