|Data is potentially outdated|
|Last updated for version 0.20.16.1|
The current game version is 188.8.131.52
|Price: 16,500 mk|
5 - 9
55 x 14 m
|Max Horizontal Speed
|Max Descent Speed|
|Fabrication & Storage|
|Large Turret Hardpoints|
|Electrical Discharge Coils:|
|Depth Charge Tubes:|
|Fuel Consumption Rate
|Max Power Output|
|“||R-29 is a heavyweight transport ship. While not terribly well armed against Europa's underwater denizens, it has been retrofitted with two powerful electric discharge coils. Original design by rav2n.||„|
The R-29 "Big Rig" is a Transport class submarine.
The R-29 is a transport ship, meaning it is useful for captains that want to haul cargo from outpost to outpost and increase profits. As a transport ship, it has a gargantuan 60 crate cargo capacity. However, this also means that it has limited defenses, bad maneuvering (the worst of all submarines, in fact) and a lot of hull to defend. Despite its enormity, it can be managed by a moderately-sized crew.
The R-29 comes equipped with a Flak Cannon, situated at the rear dorsal, covering the rear of the sub as well as the dorsal airlock. Situated at the front dorsal is a Coilgun, covering the front of the sub and the dorsal airlock. It also has a well-placed weapon hardpoint nicely situated near the ventral airlock where another weapon can (and should) be installed. It has two larger-than-normal Electrical Discharge Coils, one of which can be monitored directly from the bridge window. The R-29 has an intuitive and easy layout, and sports a Sonar Monitor next to the Fabricator and Deconstructor. However, it has a sub-optimal medical bay as it lacks a Medical Fabricator.
This submarine does not use Wi-Fi.
- 0.19.8.0 Some wire and waypoint cleanup to R-29 and Remora. Added a coilgun and a couple more diving suit cabinets to R-29.
- 0.19.7.0 Improved R-29's speed and gave it a Flak Cannon.
- 0.16.6.0 (Rising Tide) Modified Orca 2 and R-29 reactor values so they're more in line with other subs. Fixed locked connection panel and non-interactable lights in R-29.
- 0.15.20.0 Allowed in-game editing of lamps in R-29.
- 0.13.0.11 (Embrace the Abyss) Fixes to R-29: fixed top docking port's control circuit, adjustments to pre-placed supplies, adjusted discharge coil power consumption, minor visual fixes.
- 0.12.0.2 (Cave Update) Fixed R-29 cargo lights not toggling on.
- 0.10.5.0 (Downtime Update) Introduced. Original design by "Rav2n".
- The R-29 was added to Barotrauma after its builder, Alexander "rav2n" Voronov (as named in the credits), had won the Big Rig building competition, a competition held by the developers to give the chance for a community-built submarine to be added to the game.