The summer is nearing its end, and we’ve all made it back to work on Barotrauma. We’re already working on the next major update – the alien ruins overhaul! – to be released later this year. Before that, we have some bugfixes for you.
Fix patch out now!
Since we took our vacations soon after the Thunder Under The Ice update was released, we know you’ve had to put up with a few annoying problems in the game all summer. Today we’ve released a patch, and we hope we’ve now caught and fixed most of those problems – you can see the full list of changes in the main menu of the game and in Barotrauma’s Steam page news as always, and here are some particularly bothersome bugs we’ve fixed:
Two multiplayer campaign problems that had to do with pirate missions:
- “entity not found” error in multiplayer campaign when ending a pirate mission round after any of the pirates have been killed.
- disconnecting when entering or leaving an outpost, loading into a new mission or transitioning to a new level in multiplayer campaign, with an “Unauthorized multithreaded access to RandSync.Server” error.
And three crash-inducing problems:
- exploit that allowed creating game-crashing infinite signal loops using wifi components. No more crashing other players with this!
- “Operate Weapons” order being available when interacting with a turret directly, leading to a crash when trying to issue this order while manning a gun.
- “Collection was modified” exception in CargoMission.DetermineCargo, a relatively common cargo mission related crash.
We’ve also stopped medic bots from holding their patients indefinitely. This was known to happen when there was no suitable treatment available anywhere on board the sub, or when the bot was trying to treat crewmembers in an outpost while not carrying any suitable treatments.
What else is new?
Even though we’ve been outwardly quiet for the past couple of months, we’ve been as busy as ever. If you’ve been following us for a while, you may recall we used to work out of a tiny little office space where we couldn’t even fit the whole team at once, and we moved to our current studio shortly before releasing Barotrauma on Steam. Now that FakeFish is 7 years old already and our team is slowly approaching 20 strong, it’s time to upgrade our premises again! We’ll tweet pictures when we get there.
In other news, and as teased in the beginning of this post, we’re finally overhauling the alien ruins and making Barotrauma’s human characters prettier, to name the two most significant changes in the next major update. That update should land towards the end of October, and we will write more about all the upcoming changes and additions over the following weeks. For now…
Enjoy the patch & see you later!
Be sure to update your game to the latest version to enjoy the bugfixes, and stay tuned to find out more about what’s coming this autumn.