|Data is potentially outdated
|Last updated for version 0.20.16.1
Last mentioned in changelog 18.104.22.168
The current game version is 22.214.171.124
|Price: 31,000 mk
|Drone: Kastrull Drone
8 - 12
51 x 16 m
|Max Horizontal Speed
|Max Descent Speed
|Fabrication & Storage
|Large Turret Hardpoints
|Electrical Discharge Coils:
|Depth Charge Tubes:
|Fuel Consumption Rate
|Max Power Output
|The Kastrull is a dependable attack sub class bringing plenty of firepower to any fight, and although it's not very nimble, it does sport a drone gunship as standard. Keep in mind that with its experimental open ballast tanks, low tolerance to flooding and numerous crew stations, a large, experienced crew will get the most out of this sub.
The Kastrull is an Attack class submarine.
The Kastrull supports a Drone with a Coilgun. It wields an impressive barrage, up to 8 weapons including the one on the drone, 5 of which can be manned by gunners. The only constant blindspot is the rear. This makes it the most heavily armed gunship in the seas of Europa.
The Kastrull's reactor consumes fuel 50% faster than normal, and its maximum output is only 5,000kw. It's maximum maneuvering load is approximately 4,600kw, meaning it requires most of the reactor output to move full speed. It is also infamous for its open, internal ballast tanks.
501 - Toggle Drone Docking Hatch
502 - Drone Ballast Target Level
503 - Drone Engine Force
504 - Drone Turret Trigger
505 - Drone Turret Position
506 - Drone Transducer Data
508 - Average Drone Battery Charge %
A good reason that a Captain would want a Kastrull is the gun drone that rests underneath the submarine. It can be controlled from the Drone Control next to the Bridge and can function as a great away-team backup since it wields a single Coilgun.
- In Swedish, a kastrull is translated as saucepan or casserole. Considering the lid-less ballasts, the name is fitting. The Kastrull ballast section is a big heavy casserole without a lid.
- 0.18.11.0 (3rd Anniversary Update) Fixed some pumps in Kastrull working without power.
- 0.15.22.0 Fixed Kastrull's drone sometimes spawning inside the sub client-side in multiplayer.
- 0.15.20.0 Fixed bots sometimes deploying Kastrull's drone for no reason.
- 0.15.20.0 Fixed Kastrull and Typhon 2 using different id card tags than the rest of the vanilla sub ("idjob" instead of "id_job").
- 0.14.9.0 Made ballast pumps in Kastrull's drone indestructible (because they're impossible to access without breaking the walls/floors).
- 0.14.4.0 (Thunder Under The Ice) Fixed gaps sometimes getting linked incorrectly to the hulls between docking hatches, preventing water from flowing down from the lower hull in mirrored subs. Happened in mirrored Kastrull for example.
- 0.13.3.11 Fixed certain submarines spawning with a non-neutral ballast level (Kastrull seems to have been the only affected vanilla submarine). Happened because the game would determine the neutral ballast level from the first nav terminal it finds in the sub, without checking whether that terminal controls a shuttle or the sub itself.
- 0.13.0.11 (Embrace the Abyss) Fixed Kastrull's drone airlock not flooding correctly.
- 0.12.0.2 (Cave Update) Fixed Kastrull drone flooding when undocking using the button next to the hatch.
- 0.11.0.7 (Uncharted Depths) Added more waypoints around the drone so that bots know how to get around it when it's docked to the main sub. Fixed the airlock waypoints not being linked to the doors, causing the bots not being able to operate them.
- 0.10.6.2 (Halloween 2020: Creepy Creature Feature) Fixed the airlock waypoints not being linked to the doors, causing the bots not being able to operate them.
- 0.10.6.0 Fixed airlock warning light in Kastrull not turning off when the airlock door is closed. Fixed hull above drone not being connected to the rest of the hulls, preventing oxygen from flowing between the drone and the sub when docked.
- 0.10.5.0 (Downtime Update) Fixed bots insisting on equipping the diving suit before accessing Kastrull's drone.
- 0.9.10.0 (Moloch-sized Update) Fixes to waypoints in Kastrull, Berilia and Remora.
- 0.9.7.0 (Silky Smooth) Fixed flooding when the drone undocks. Fixed ballast pumps deteriorating in drone despite being unreachable by the players.
- 0.9.6.0 Waypoint fixes. Fixed flooding when the drone is undocked. Fixed ballast pumps in drone being off by default.
- 0.9.5.1 Fixed Kastrull's drone not being docked to the sub by default.
- 0.9.5.0 (Beasts Within) Introduced.